CAFE Public Information Center
Viewing downloaded Excel Files in Windows
- Try leaving the browser you are using and selecting Windows or File Explorer , this is usually located at the bottom left of your computer screen.
- In File Explorer, find and click the "Downloads" folder on the left navigation.
- In the Downloads folder, you will see all of the files that have been downloaded to your computer. You may need to sort by Date Modified
if you have a large number of files in this folder.
- Double click on the PIC report that was downloaded to open it - if you see the message below select yes.
- You should now see your report in Excel. If you cannot open your file, try updating your version of Excel.
Viewing downloaded Excel Files on a Mac
- On a Mac, the downloaded files are usually located in the lower right hand corner of your screen
- If that doesn't help you, then you can use Finder to navigate to the downloads folder on the hard drive
- Double-click the Excel link, and it should open.
Questions? Send an e-mail to the CAFE Team: CAFE@dot.gov